Friday, November 10, 2006

What's Next

Many people are calling and asking "What has happened since Gaby wrote her thoughts".
Since the end of Stitches East, the staff members have flown home and are now back at the store. They have lots of stories to tell as well. My parents went back to Philadelphia to find out what and/or when the van would be finished and they could come home. Much to their surprise, the cost to repair the van was enourmous and the insurance company decided to have the van totalled.

Ok, now they are in the same boat that they were in before Stitches and that was "How were they going to get the trailer home without a vehicle to tow them?" I have tried contacting numerous companies to see if they would tow it back to California. Most of them laughed at me and said no way. I am shocked as to how little resources there are in Philadelphia to get someone towed. I joke with customers who are at the store that if anyone wanted to start a towing business to do so in Philadelphia.

Our only options are to ship all the product home and sell the trailer while there or buy another car and tow it home ourselves.
After numerous phone calls and lots of praying, my parents purchased another vehicle and I am happy to say that they are currently on their way home. I am not sure how long it will take them to get home, but I am just glad that they are at least heading west.

Again, thank you to all those wonderful people who have given their all to help my parents during this crazy ordeal. I know my parents are greatful and are looking forward to thanking each and every one of you.

Niqua