Friday, November 03, 2006

Holding On

So now that my parents are waiting for the tow truck, the tow company calls them and says they will be at least another hour because they dont have the right truck to handle the ball that is on the trailor. So they wait some more in front of the sex store and in the dark with no food and no jackets and its cold outside. Cherie called and said that the mouse of the lap top that she is using for a register at Stitches (Stitches is now open and customers are shopping the Market) is not working and the battery is dead. She needed to know how to open it and to insert a new battery. They were not going to tell anyone about the ongoing saga but customers were walking by and asking why they had such a large booth with little to no product. They thought they had better start explaining what has been happening and the customers began to understand. They starting selling most of the product that they did have. It ended up being a great sale day for them with little to no product to sell. The other vendors were helping the girls which is very much appreciated.

With everything that has been happening with my parents, I wanted to have a back up in case some thing else went wrong. I called Cherie to track Barry Klein down at Stitches. Barry called me back and asked what he could do to help my parents. I asked if there were any vendors there with a hitch. He said there was and that vendor said that after the show ended for the night, they would be happy to go down and help if needed. (They couldnt leave their booth until 10 pm their time). I told them thank you for offering, but that I needed to get my parents out of that area now and into a safer location. Barry informed me that he had a representative in the area and to give him a call. I called their main office in Van Nuys, Ca and Heidi called that rep and asked about the area. He informed Heidi that it was not a good area, especially at night. He offered to help and asked all his neighbors who had SUV's if they had a hitch. Again, no one had a hitch. I asked Heidi if the rep (Andy) could at least go there and be a third person there while they wait for the tow truck and to bring my parents some food and coffee. He said it was not problem as he was just 10 minutes away.

More to come!
Niqua