Sunday, July 16, 2006



I love to share with people and show them what we are doing. Having this blog will let us do just that and hopefully you will bookmark this blog and come to it often and tell 100 of your best friends about it.

So I thought I'd share with you what I have been working on. This is my second time around knitting this because I am writing the pattern for it and I have to check it for errors, of course.

We're talking about a great short sleeved top here which is done in Prism STUFF from side to side. I'm also playing with some fun ideas with it, so stay tuned as I photograph the progress for you.

What I like about working from side to side is that the stripes will go the "right" way and it's different. It will take two hanks of Wild or Cool Stuff to make the smaller sizes and two hanks of Light Stuff to make the larger sizes. (I think... that's what I'm still working on.....) ok here is the picture of what I have so far...

My patterns aren't that difficult to make (KISS) and not that hard to write but somehow I always put off writing them because I'm busy knitting the next project. Well, enter Susanne who after a long absence has come back into our lives. Susanne has offered to take my scribbles and make sense out of them and make ledgible patterns out of them. YEAH!! She was one of our first teachers when we opened our store many, many moons ago and is now back to teach workshops again at Yarn Lady. One of the first things I remember about Susanne is how she would walk around the table with her hands on her back to keep herself from DOING things for people instead of letting them learn to do it for themselves..... I can also still hear her explain about the need for swatches...: "If you hate making the swatch, you are REALLY going to hate making the sweater...." VBG

So keep tuned for even more workshops at our store and read my other blog about yet another new person to join our midst with her great talents....