Thursday, July 06, 2006

Getting ready for Stitches Midwest

So this is the day when we are loading the trailer with all of the stuff we are taking to Stitches in the Chicago area and then later in the year, to Baltimore. I always make goals for myself.... "...if I can only get through this...then..."
Well last week (or was it the week before??) we finally finished inventory and today the task at hand is to gather up all of the things we plan to take to Stitches and load them. We had a trailer made which is larger than the one we had before, so certainly there should be enough room for everything. Back in the days when we started and went to the swapmeet every weekend, I always took so much stuff and Dutch could never understand why I packed so much. Of course, my philosophy is: you can't sell it if you don't have it :-)))

So I know I have more things ready to go than what we will have room for, so pray with me that we take that which folks will be looking for. We have a 20x20 booth at Stitches and most of it will be taken up by our "playpen" for our bag sale. The trick is what we will put where in the rest of the space. Dutch and I spend a part of the 4th of July down at storage filling our wicker racks which we will now shrinkwrap before we put them on the trailer. I hope they will survive the trip that way. We've had these wicker racks since our early swapmeet days. I remember how we agonized over whether or not we could afford to buy them. And here, almost 20 years later, they still serve us well.

So in a little over 2 weeks we will be heading down the road to Chicago. Caitlyn is going with us, so we'll have to make sure that we stop in places with a pool every night to let this 7 year old work off some energy. We plan to take the long way through Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone and whatever. We'll also see some of Dutch's friends and family along the way. Might even stop at the folks from Knitters Magazine...

Wave at us if you see us pass your house!

God bless you!

Gaby