Sunday, May 20, 2007

Live and learn! My newest knit project



So Niqua, my daughter, hands me a bag with a pattern and yarn and says: "Here, mom, you need to make this"
Since I always love to work with Prism STUFF I dropped everything else I am working on and started right in on this project. The yarn she had chosen was Prism Stuff, Trendsetter Pinot, and another prism yarn.

I worked quite a bit of the long ribbing thinking all the while that I just don't see the STUFF in it and I can't imagine that anyone would want to spend money making this if they can't even tell that there is STUFF in the mix. Of course that's what I got for substituting! Just because a yarn has the same name, doesn't mean that it LOOKS the same!!

So I started over again, this time replacing the Pinot with just plain Trendsetter Charm. (There again, I am substituting..) Of course the sweater is supposed to be made out of all Prism yarns, but when I started over late in the evening, this was all I had. You can look at the picture and see the difference!

I love working on this! Although it is plain stockinet stitch, you change yarn every row and working with STUFF, it constantly changes and you can't wait for the next color and texture. I'm almost to the armhole. Did I mention that this is made in one piece in the round? The pattern is one of the new Prism patterns called Stuff Plus

Laura Bryant's idea was to use a hank of Stuff and in order to stretch it, use one, two or, three other yarns with it to make some fabulous things. These Stuff Plus patterns have been so popular it's hard to keep them in stock! You can go to their website and see these patterns and then call our Jenny to order them. Prism's website is http://www.prismyarn.com/patterns.htm and you can reach Jenny at 888 770 7809

Have fun!!