Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year




So what are you doing today? Along with the parades and the football I hope you had some time for some serious knitting! I brought home so much yarn for so many things to knit, I just don't know where to start first. The sweater is simple but sweet with a yarn that feels-oh-so-good!! I'm trying to decided if it needs the trim around the neck or not. The trim yarn is a great Prism yarn but one of the colors in it is slightly "off". I'm always trying to tell people that the colors don't have to match exactly and having one that doesn't match often adds a little spice, but here I am, trying to decide.

The capelet is to replace a model that was stolen during our excitement around the time of Stitches East lasy year (can you believe I said it??: LAST year!!) I changed it a bit and added a new twist. Hope you will like it. Still have to write the instructions.

The purse is one out of a Prism book. It uses a wonderful yarn with loops and the pattern calls for it to be felted. I don't know- I kind of like it the way it is. So we'll have to see about that. The pattern also calls for i-cord handles but I'm kind of thinking of using wooden handles. I'll have to take it to the store and try some out to see how it looks. Then I'm wondering if it needs a big ribbon on the front.... hmmmmm....... oh and another thing I did: the pattern calls for all the same color yarn. Well the rebel in me said no way! I want to see what it would look like if I just used random colored yarns. So there you have it!

We also need new models in the store, so I'm on a kick to finish some of the things I have started and to write patterns that need to be written. It's also time to write a newsletter. Wouldn't you know I'm having trouble with the computer- so I'm waiting for my favorite son-in-law to come and bail me out.

The main focus of the newsletter will be Laura Bryant of Prism Yarns http://www.prismyarn.com
She will be teaching two workshops at our store on January 16th. Be sure to reserve that day! You won't want to miss it! Laura is visiting us right after our Trade Show and I hope and trust that she will have some of her newest designs with her for us to see. It is such a priviledge to be able to host designers of her fame and ability at Yarn Lady.

Please watch your e-mail for our newsletter. With all of the spam blockers out there now, I'm afraid that many of them get trashed and I so want to be able to be in touch with you to tell you what's happening.

All of us at Yarn Lady wish you a very healthy and blessed and prosperous New Year!
God bless you!
Gaby