Monday, July 23, 2007

New knitted tank top from Gaby



We are leaving for Stitches in a week and I still have all sorts of things on the needles, waiting to be finished and ends woven in and patterns written. I do enjoy every step, but I tend to put them off while I'm on to other things. Today again, I am writing a pattern for what I think is a cool sweater out of Prism Flirt. It will look great over all sorts of colors of slacks, but I think I might squeeze into some jeans when I wear this sweater. YES!! I made it in MY size!! As you know, my size is of the 1x or 2x variety. So now the fun part is re-writing the pattern to include some other sizes. That is a matter of math so I will be sure to check and double check my figures. I'm sooo excited!! Of course I already have another topper in the works to be worn over a slinky black dress (hopefully I'll have the pattern done by Stitches and can wear it)


But I told you that I did finish the pattern for a tank top. It's made out of Berroco BOHO. If you're familiar with this yarn, you know that it changes color and texture. This gives it a stripy effect, which of course, doesn't look great on all figures. I do have a trick up my sleeve to give it vertical interest. OK, now I'll upload the picture. I wish this program put the pictures in the text where you want them, not at the beginning. Oh well, perhaps I still have to learn that. If you know how, drop me a line please.

Back to writing patterns.....