Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Knir or crochet scarves for children with cancer

We just received this e-mail and thought that YOU might help! What a worthy cause to be knitting and crocheting for kids with this challenge!
Here is what Karen says in her flyer:
I teach a jewelry making class at Camp Summersault in Long Beach. This is a camp for children with cancer and their siblings. I donate the materials and volunteer my time every August. This year the theme of the camp is "Polar Adventure". I was hoping to have 100 scarves knit or crocheted as a fun accessory to give each kid at camp. I am a knitter but need help with this project. The children are between 5 and 13 years old. The dimensions of the scarves can vary to accomodate children of all sizes. They can be any yarn (hopefully soft and washable). If you are interested in donating a scarf or two please contact me at designerkaren2@aol.com


...and in her e-mail to us.
IF YOU COULD SHARE THIS FLYER WITH SOME OF YOUR CUSTOMERS. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. "STITCHES FROM THE HEART" DONATED 30 SCARVES WHICH WAS A BLESSING. I NEED THE BALANCE OF SCARVES BY THE LAST WEEK IN JULY. WE STILL HAVE NOT REACHED OUR GOAL AND REALLY HOPE TO HAVE ENOUGH. IT'S FOR KIDS 5 TO 13 YEARS OLD AND THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE REALLY LONG LIKE GROWN UP ONES, ANY SCRAP YARN WILL WORK.....NEED SOME FOR BOYS...PLAIN WITH BOY COLORS.....THANKS IN ADVANCE. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO REIMBURSE FOR POSTAGE.
SINCERELY, KAREN BRAVERMAN-FREEMAN
4907 E. COLORADO ST. LONG BEACH, CA. 90814
818 419 7467 CELL #
DesignerKaren2@aol.com