Tuesday, October 31, 2006

YIKES!! Yarn stolen!

Well, here we are in Philadelphia ready to resume our trip to Baltimore for Stitches East and then back home again. We were trusting that our van and trailer were still safely parked where we left them. Sure enough, they were. So we happily drove to a nearby hotel to spend the night, had a good rest and when we came out the next morning, there was just a pile of glass where our vehicles had stood.

So now we're hanging on to our cellphones, hoping that when the phone rings it will be the police, telling us the vehicles were found. Please pray with us that this may be the case.

We had a little bit of merchandise shipped in for Stitches East, so Cherie and Elaine, Jan and Jenny will be there. If you are going to Stitches, please stop by the booth. We are having booksignings with Kaffe Fasset and Brandon Mabley as scheduled. Dutch and I will hang out in Philadelphia hoping that they will find our stuff in time to still bring it to the show.

A few years back, I lost my diamond engagement ring. After the initial shock and looking everywhere, I thought: we lost two children. Loosing a diamond is nothing. So here we go again. As upset as we are about the theft of our vehicles and merchandise, compared to loosing two children, it's nothing.

Stay tuned. As I have access to a computer, I'll keep you posted. First we have to go clothes shopping. All we have with us is our little carry-on bag with underwear. All our other clothes were in the van. My face also looks pretty scarry, since my make-up was taken from me at the airport........ Other than that, we're just great!

Gaby