Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Tomorrow is the big day!

The day is almost here when Judy Pascale is coming to teach at our store. She is teaching not one, not two, not three, but FOUR workshops! If you haven't signed up yet, you need to do it quickly. You can call our store in the morning or go online at http://yarnlady.com/classschedule/workshops/06pascale.htm and do it here.

You've probably been wondering why we haven't posted. We have just been so busy re-arranging the store and planning new events, getting ready for Stitches and just plain recouperating from our trip.

So slowly but surely I'll get around to telling you about all of the things that are happening. Of course I have no way of knowing if you are actually reading this, so if you are, please drop us a note, or click on "blog this" and sign up and send us your comment.

Judy will be staying at our house with us. Now I'm not the perfect hostess.... My motto is: here is the fridge, here is the cupboard, help yourself. Actually I've been doing a bit of getting ready. I will do my best to let her rest and not pick her brain too much. When Sally Melville stayed with us we had such a good time together, sitting around and knitting.

In a couple of weeks, we have another surprise for you! As you know there will be a workshop with Barry Klein of Trendsetter Yarns. What you don't know (and we didn't either until just recently) is that he is coming on another day with a filmcrew in tow. Yes!!! They are filming for a show in OUR store! Don't know what all will happen, but if you just happen to drop by on Wednesday, the 25th of October we'll all find out.

Now they tell me that I'm to keep these posts short and sweet. But I have always been too longwinded and I guess I'm not going to change here.....

Last week several of us had the pleasure of teaching (?) about 65 gals from the MOPS group at our church to knit in about a half hour. Whew!! That was me with the microphone: "Now everyone make a slipknot....... A slipnot is just like tying your shoelaces..." So this Friday we get to do another session and see what they remember. The goal is to make a decorative flower. Then we'll have one more chance the following Friday. How great it would be though if at least some of these young mothers would actually learn and ultimately pass this wonderful talent on to their kids?

So enough for today. If you want in on Judy's classes, better hurry!

God bless you!

Gaby