Tuesday, June 20, 2006

So Elaine and I continue to bag yarn for our next bagsale and of course, for the Stitches shows. I have to admit that some of the yarn is going home with me because as I look at it, all kinds of ideas come flooding through my mind as to what I would still want to knit or crochet with it.

Caitlyn and I did have a chance to go to the beach today. It was a beautiful day but the water was rough. I had not been listening to any weather reports which talked about high surf. We set up our stuff where we normally would have been way clear of the high water mark. But, you guessed it, the water came after us. Caitlyn even was swept over some rocks by a big wave and got scraped up a bit. When things had calmed down, I took out my knitting. In order for it not to be all sandy, I packed it in an ice box. Other people pack food, I drag an icebox just to have a "safe" place for my knitting.

I was working on a beatiful scarf that told me it wanted to become a shrug. So we'll sew up a few inches of the sides and see what happenes. As soon as I can figure out how to dis-able the pop-up blocker on this computer, I'll show you some pictures.

Actually, I'm working on a number of designs. All of which need just a few finishing touches and of course, I need to write the patterns for them. I've heard in the past that Kaffee Fasset hands off his designs to someone else to finish and write the patterns. Don't know if that is true. I should have asked him when he and Brandon Mabley were at our store teaching workshops. In any case, I wish I had such a person.....and I can't bring my new stuff into the store until the patterns are written, because staff gets very cranky when people want to know how something is made and they don't have an answer for them...:-))))

Enough for today. Time to get some sleep!! (fat chance...Dr. put me on water pills.....)
Happy knitting and crocheting!!
God bless you!
Gaby