Wednesday, April 30, 2008

FREE pattern




So I decided the other day in honor of Earth Day to come up with an "idea" of sorts. Then I remembered that when I was growing up in Germany we used a thing called a "Netz" to carry groceries in. I looked it up online to see if they still existed, and sure enough they do.....






Of course I wanted mine to be knitted and use lots of yarn since I am in the yarn selling business. There is so much talk about being eco- friendly and I wanted it to be just that. Of course there is also much talk about how much energy being eco- friendly might use in some cases. So I used a yarn that we and many of our customers have lots of: Eros by Plymouth. The result was my version of a Netz. We had lots and lots of inquiries for the pattern, so I expect to see a finished version of it in a grocery store near you soon! If you are making one, please send me a picture of it at gaby@yarnlady.com and I'll share it here.






You know how one design often inspires another? Well when I looked at this bag, I turned it just a bit and mentally took off a portion of it and there it was: a tank top!! (If this was going to be a tanktop, I would do more solid rows on top so the line wouldn't come you-know-where...) I couldn't wait to get to work on it, only this time I did use an eco -friendly yarn. I used 3 hanks of Pakucho by Trendsetter. Because of the amount of stitches that I used, it became a very SMALL tank top or a beautiful dress for a little girl. All it needs now is a ribbon and a small flower and it would be darling on a little girl.






If you would like the pattern, please write to me and I will e-mail it to you free. Please give me credit if you use it and pass it on. Enjoy!