Monday, January 14, 2008

Stacy Charles at Yarn Lady














A few days ago we had the pleasure of welcoming Stacy Charles of Tahki Stacy Charles to Yarn Lady. It only took us 18 years to get him to come! But we were so glad he did. Cherie and Nancy got their picture taken with him. I was taking the pictures so I didn't get mine taken. Boo hiss!!






Anyway, Stacy came to experience his first Yarn Tasting at Yarn Lady. He brought with him first of all his assistant, Elizabeth as well as a lot of yarn which our enthusiastic customers got to "taste" and knit with. Elizabeth brought a laptop and film of fabulous fashion which she was going to show to the trade a couple of days later. WE got to see it first!!



They also brought sample garments so we could all see first hand what others can only see in the patterns.



We just love having these events! We used to charge $5.00 a head for them (I know, I know that's not much- but we really want lots of people to come) and then we even dropped the $5.00 charge! The disadvantage to that is that we now don't know how many people are coming! So as the door kept opening and more people arrived, we kept adding more tables and chairs and I even ran home for more chairs. Well, I also had to take Dutch home. Cherie and I decided to treat folks to just a little snack before hand. Either people didn't like the food (what's not to like?) or they didn't want to give up their chair!!! I'm sure it was the later. So if you missed it, I hope you watch our calendars for our next event!