Sunday, August 05, 2007

Seeing YARN billboards

So here we are, a couple of days down the road, I think. I've seen so much pavement I foget which day it is.
I've wanted to tell you about our trip through the rocky mountains. Dutch decided to take the shortest route through Denver, but that meant that we had to climb to over 11ooo feet! Pulling a big trailer! There were a couple of times when I had to shift into FIRST gear and I almost felt like we were going to go backwards. Mind you the scenery was breathtaking. We even hit a bit of rain and saw a beautiful rainbow. Dutch and I both agree though that this is a route best taken withOUT a trailer! Although I try to not use my brakes, and we do have electric brakes on the trailer, when I got off the last offramp just before Denver where we were spending the night, the brakes went "soft" and I barely came to a stop behind the other car. But all is well and we're praising God.

So about the Yarn billboards: I have always teased that our name should be on billboards everywhere. If you know about Wall Drug, you know what I mean. But yesterday and today we saw several billboards along the road advertising yarn stores. How cool is that!! We have miles to cover though, so we didn't stop. Should have taken down their names but I didn't.

We're got two more days on the road before checking into our hotel in Chicago. Niqua and Jan and Jenny will be flying in to meet up with us there. If you're anywhere within flying or driving distance of STITCHES Mid-West in Chicago ( www.knittinguniverse.com ) you owe it to yourself to come to Stitches and check out our fantastic sale. Does BELOW wholesale mean anything to you??
See you there!
God bless you!
Gaby